PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

PLAYING WITH PATTERN or A Nice Way To Camoflauge Less than Perfect Artwork

Sometimes I really like a little watercolor sketch I make, but there might be something about it which makes it unsuitable for finished artwork. Here I had made a sketch of a favorite saucer pattern and accidentally made a smudge I couldn't remove. 


What I really like to do, instead of discarding something like this, is to make it the star (in my art journal usually) of a lots of doodling and patterning around it, which camouflages any problems and lets me enjoy it. (I made the saucer watercolor sketch a flap to fold out). I really enjoy the page I ended up with.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)