PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

EXPERIMENT IN COLOR!!!!

The ink dyes I ordered to replace the ink in my printer cartridges didn't work on my printer. They refunded my money but didn't want the ink returned. So I put each of the four colors Black, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan, into inexpensive spray bottles.  Then my creative gears started spinning :-) ....  

I had recently accidentally discovered that the paper-side of Freezer Paper (carried in grocery stores, used in food prep, it is silicone-coated on the front, paper on the back) makes a great painting surface for dyes--ordinary paper lets dye move through and drain away, but the plastic-coated side of the Freezer Paper just holds the dyes in place.... (WHEW! hope that made sense).  

So I went nuts with the inks!!!

1. I went outside and poured and sprayed inks on a 16 foot roll of freezer paper; 

2. placed large blotter paper sheets on top of the pooling ink; 

3. covered the whole mess with cheesecloth and rolled it up. 

4. Let it set a day. This is the result!!!!! (I ironed the paper to set the ink...). 

I LOVE experimenting!!! (inks -  money refunded so they were free to me; freezer paper 3.50; blotter papers $.50 at local thrift store; cheesecloth freebie from  friend = $4.00 for all this luscious paper!!! :-) )

 Left end above, Right end below


DETAILED VIEWS







Blotter Papers


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing. I've never tried anything like that before. It's gorgeous. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)