PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Friday, August 2, 2013

Something I love to play with--especially for art journal pages--is using napkins. Because most napkins I use are contemporary products, and although they could be considered "found materials" I am always aware of the designer and artist behind these everyday products, so I don't use them in the artwork I sell. That said, I have such a love affair with them! They pop up often in my journals. Here are two examples, (The rubber stamp image of the girl is from http://100ProofPress.com/; the dragonfly stamped on the second collage is my own hand-carved stamp).

The image in the center, the tulip and the flowers against the dark ruby red background is a napkin.



LARGE DETAIL
 

 
 
 
The top left (gold background with green detail) and right (purple black background with gold detail) are napkins.
 
 
LARGE DETAIL
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)