PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

GLORIOUS BLOOM Handmade Paper Sculpture

     I purchased a silk rose at the local thrift shop, and took it apart, petal, by petal, leaf by leaf, and cast paper on all the parts. When the paper pieces dried, I painted them with acrylics and reassembled them. 

     This piece was inspired by the loss of several people close to me, when I notice again how we treasure small things, like the faded rose petal, a handkerchief, a piece of jewelry, as a reminder of the full bloom of a flower, of a time, or of a life.


Detail 1

 Detail 2





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)