PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

RESCUING OLD IMAGES FOR USE IN COLLAGE: Digital photo editing programs.

I used the same old, old newspaper image for this collage. The image itself was not really usable, not very sharp and a little blurry, but I LOVED the posture and the sweep of the dress, so I scanned the picture in and used the Apply Screen command in Corel Painter to reduce the photo to a sketch-quality that still captured what I love about the photo. This basic command is found in most photo-editing programs.
 
Below the collages is an example of using the Apply Screen effect on an old newspaper photo. Following that is a closeup of each collage.
 


Effect shown on a similar set of old newspaper images
 


Closeups of Sisters Collages: I used a paler version for the more "traditional sister (as I imagined her) shown with husband and love letter text.
 
 
I used a much more saturated version of the same image for the other sister who I imagine was a social butterfly with lots of adventures....  This set of collages was inspired by my experience with sisters and how different they can be from one another.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)