PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Thursday, July 18, 2013

 
One of the things I enjoy about incorporating vintage images into my collages is the chance to have fun with "story." The central image incorporates 3 images:
1. an old postcard of a courtyard in Italy,
2  an indoor view out through a room with a door opening inward, and
3. a young girl.

I cut out the window and doorway of the  interior room's image so that the Italian courtyard (left) and my yellow-green hand-painted paper (behind door at right) show through, leaving you to wonder, is the little girl coming out of the shunshine-green backround from ANOTHER place, into the room on the courtyard? This was created with scissors and glue - not digital LOL. Large detail view of collage follows the four illustrations below which show what I cut from each piece I used:

Below left is the finished collage; right is showing all but the piece from the postcard grayed out;

 
 Below left shows all but the girl grayed out; right shows all but the room grayed out.

  
 
Full view of finished collage:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)