PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Friday, July 19, 2013

DOLLY POSTE: Altered Book & Tiny Collection

I SO love vintage illustrations, especially the tiny ones we never really see. So I created this box to hold an altered book full of my favorite ones. I used the actual illustrations and actual words.
 
The box that I made to hold the DOLLY POSTE Altered book is about 11" x 5". It was collage with various vintage papers, and a closure added with two buttons, crocheted loops and beaded posts. The tiny dolls were glued in place. The outside of the box is fabric padded over quilt batting.
 
 
 
Inside is a vintage photo of a little girl with her doll. I used a spiral bound book I found at my thrift store. The spiral binding spine was 11" and just right, but the pages were 9" wide so I trimmed them to 5" and turned the book on its side.
 
 
 
 
I used old sheets of a blank ledger journal to create the background of each page. I uses blank faux postage sheets to create the tiny faux Dolly Postage. I cut the little images from vintage paper materials, and added tiny words cut from the same materials.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is the last page in the book. This is faux postage I made on the blank edge of a sheet of stamps I had. The girl is a tiny illustration from the 1930s. The date is my birth date.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)