PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Sunday, June 2, 2013

TREASURES FROM SCRAPS

I save all the small scraps of my handmade, hand-painted, -printed, and -embellished papers. Once or twice a year I give myself about 30 -40 minutes to turn them all into a giant collage, using acrylic matte medium and Freezer Paper (available at grocery stores) as a background. I work very fast and will not let myself pause to consider where something should go. I trust my eye and go. It is agonising until I get going and then it is just fun.

Below are the BIG collage (36" x 24" and then the real treasure--samples of smaller pieces that might be cut from the large collage, giving me an intricacy of color and complexity I could not have achieved working one at a time on a small size. I have been doing this for years, and never tire of it. Many of the pieces cut from this will go on to form the backgrounds of new collages.

Large Collage 36" x 24"

 

 

Medium Size Collage 12" x 8"

 

 

Small Collages 2 1/2" x 3"

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)