PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

MOTHER EARTH: From Printer to Studio to Computer...


PRINTER: When making collages, I like to print images directly onto already-printed surfaces--in this case I printed a face from a vintage postcard onto a 2-page spread from an old book on boat navigation. (For those of you familiar with Photoshop or Corel PaintShop Pro, I changed the hue and saturation of the face to make it warmer and brighter, as well). 
 
STUDIO: I wet a brush with plain water, and play around with the printed image "as if..." it were a watercolor painting. The inkjet colors run and change, and you never know what effects you will get. I add paint washes and other details to the collage, like the pen and ink lines to the face and hair. Next I go through my collection of collage elements and add smaller bits until my "eye" is happy.
 
COMPUTER: Finally, I scan the completed collage into Photoshop to add finishing touches--such as the words Mother Earth (a type font from the collection at daFont.com). 
 



 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)