PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Old Wood Alphabet Puzzle and Paper Casting....

I found an old alphabet wood puzzle at the thrift store. I removed the letters, and cast my handmade paper over the board (so each letter is formed into slightly depressed shape). I painted each letter with a metalic paint (Daniel Smieth Art Supply) and added small found objects and words to create an alphabet collage.  This was so much fun to make! Each letter is about  1- 3/4" high. I donated this to the Ocean Shores Public Library where it is displayed in the Children's Section. Placing art in public places is important to me, and I encourage other artists with a "wealth" of artwork to look around for opportunities for the public to enjoy their artwork. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)