PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Friday, November 8, 2013

DON"T THROW OUT THOSE MATBOARD SCRAPS!!!

One of the enduring techniques I came away from Carrie Burns Brown's WaterMedia Collage Workshop is making my own pattern stamps from matboard scraps. (Video available from http://creativecatalystproductions.com).  

 Basically, you cut random shapes and glue them down to a rectangle or other shape you want. When the glue is dry, add 3-4 coats of acrylic spray to front and back. Note: let it dry thoroughly in between coats as this makes the stamp pretty waterproof. The stamps below are about 7 years old.

2-1/2" x 1-1/4.


Pages in my art journal stamped in blue rubber stamp ink (rubber stamp ink gives a rougher print; acrylic paints give a more solid print)



 Another Example


 4" x 4"







5 comments:

  1. This is a really neat idea. I'll have to make some stamps for myself this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me see what you do with them. They are so easy and so much fun, and really have a lot of uses!! :-)

      Delete

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)