PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Doodlles and Kaleidscopes :-)

I love doodling "paisley" shapes and "cats eye" shapes to explore pattern and color. Out of all the little sketches (mostly colored pencil) I usually choose 2 or 3 to play with in making a Kaleidoscope shape. The thing is, No matter how roughly the shape has been drawn and colored, once used to create the Kaleidoscope shape, it is usually amazing. Here are a whole set of shapes I was playing with, and then the ones I selected to make a Kaleidoscope image. (That was done in a program like Corel Paintshop Pro, Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Elements or Gimp, but can be done by making 8 color copies of each pattern-cutting and assembling them.)  The three elements I chose have a black arrow by them.
 

 

 
 
These are the three shapes I chose to play with



The first image was used to create a circle. as follows:
   1.Place two of the pattern opposite each other.
   2.Next place an additional two 90degrees from the first two, and opposite.
   3. Place the final set of 4 individually in the remaining open spaces.



 
 
  


Second Image Added



Third Image added: Final Kaleidoscope  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)