PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rose Tag Book from Postcard Print Transfers

One of the things I like to do is to print out pictures of antique floral postcards on cardstock. In the studio I spray the postcard images one at a time, with a fine mist of water. Then I quickly flip over on another piece of blank cardstock, rub over the image, and peel it up. The resulting transfered image has a dreamy watercolor look that I love. Then I use these images in my collage work. In this case I made a "Tag Book" out of them, by reusing blank tags as book pages.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
RIGHT: Information about  Roses (Recipes exist from the early days of our country for fruit salads made with rose petals; thin tea sandwiches with red rose petal filling; and recipes for rose hips wine, jam and tea.... LEFT: Quote from Christopher Marlowe (And I will make thee beds of Roses and a thousand fragrant posies...)


RIGHT:  Last tag in the book  (stamp by 100 Proof Press)  LEFT: Back cover tag of the book

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)