PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Thursday, June 27, 2013

GOOD PIZZA NEEDS TO BE REWARDED!!


The very best Pizza in our town is Red Genie Pizza, and the Restaurant is in an older building with log beams and a wonderful collection EVERYWHER of old vintage items and signs and, my favorite, hand crank telephones. So I started saving bits and pieces of vintage materials over the last year that had to do with old telephones so that I could create a collage for them. I gave it to them this week and they loved it. You can't put a price of good Pizza LOL.  

The phone rubber stamp is from 100 Proof Press; the dictionary page is from a 1927 old dictionary, there are 2 vintage safety matches covers as well as stamps from Romania and India and pictures of old phones (do they look like faces to you too? :-) ) The picture of the telephone operator is from an old faded newspaper article from the 1930s which I hand tinted with watercolors to highlight the figure. I always have a few "theme" collages going just for the fun it, and usually the intended owner "finds" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)