PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DRAWING as a way of SEEING

 
I really like sketching and painting ordinary, everyday things like this plate, even when it seems impossibly complex, like this pattern. What I am learning when I do this, is how to represent what I SEE, using art media. How much detail DO I need to include; how DO I represent a detailed pattern I (personally) can't possibly draw realistically, and, most important to me, what IS IT about this beautiful or ordinary object I find so pleasing visually. Also, it whacks the perfectionist in me on the side of the head and teaches me how to be pleased with "appealing approximation." :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)