PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Monday, May 20, 2013

Two New Collages

Two more little collages... these are not sketches (like in my sketchbook series) but small collage to which I added my fragments of handmade, hand-painted, -embellished papers. This whole series approach is making me smile (using my paper framents from years of creating to set off the sketches or collages)!

Autumn Glory  The background is a 1908 ledger page, onto which I added melted wax crayon, and then block printed into the hot wax; the leaf was created tracing around an old brass stencil, cut out and hand painted, and then the green bits of detail added from the stencil to the leaf; the moth is from an old vintage page; words from a 1927 dictionary.



Summer of the Heart The center collage started with an old, old, OLD Sears catalog page of text on which I drew and then painted the bird, allowing the text to peak through (watercolor pencils); the stems of buds are actual stems from a thrift store silk flower arrangement; the dogwood is tissue paper from old giftwrapping, the brown netting down the right side was found in a thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)