PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Four Seasons Collages

I created this series of collages over a period of five years, starting with a rough idea of a grid. The papers are handmade by me, and hand-painted, -dyed (watercolors) and -embossed. The flowers across the top of each piece are pressed flowers and tiny pine cones from my own garden and yard, gathered over the seasons. The materials used also include fabric, puzzle pieces, found images, stamps, pastels, and a variety of other things.
 
In each piece the central figure (dragonfly, butterfly, snowflake, and iris, are each made and painted by me from my handmade paper. The words sum up my wonder at the things I see in each season-- the intricate and delightful the workings of mother.
 
SUMMER
"Who can explain the glimmering arc of a dragonfly's gypsy dance...."
 
FALL
"Who can trace the lilting arc of a butterfly's joyous flight...."
 
WINTER
"Who can follow the swirling arc of a snowflake's playful descent...."
 
SPRING

"Who can describe the delicate arc of a petal's sun-drenched unfolding...."
 
The four pieces are currently hanging in the lobby of the offices of North Beach Chiropractic, office of Dr. Ron Rogers and Massage Therapist Crista Rogers. "Fall" recently won a "Special Recognition for Outstanding Artwork" in the Light Time Space online Gallery's "Seasons" show. Gretting cards and prints of these four pieces are available from by clickin gon Purchase Artwork in the right column, above.

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! Summer and fall are my favs -- great colors! What a treat for the eyes!
    How large are the original pieces?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)