PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Returning To Hand Papermaking

In my book, The Art of Handmade Paper & Collage, I first explored my love affair with creating handmade paper, especially for recycled and reused materials. Over the last number of years health challenges required me to let go of that, but now I find myself ready to return and I am falling in love all over again. Here is a piece created with my handmade paper papers called "Dragonfly Hollow."  The dragonflies are handmade paper cast on my own dragonfly mold (drawn with a glue gun on plastic!! Technique is in my book). The trees were made in the same way, just by drawing with a glue gun on plastic, and then casting my handmade paper on the mold. The textured paper behind the trees I made by pouring handmade paper pulp over small rocks and pebbles from the driveway (placed on a cookie sheet. The hollows each small pebble or rock made created wonderful textures. The papers were painted with Dr. Ph Martin's watercolor dyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)