PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

CREATING MY OWN STENCILS

I am always playing around with creating patterns to use in my art. This design was created by combining details of different motifs I found in fabric patterns and developing the small sketches into a grid. This is tracing paper and black marker. I like the result, so I decided to try to make a stencil out of the design to use in my art journals and altered books and collages. The results were really wonderful!! (see second picture).



This is the image the stencil produced! Stencils are easy to make with a wood burning tool with a pointed tip, and thing acrylic sheets. I buy my supplies at http://pjstencils.com and create most of my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)