PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Background and Finished Collage for a Found Lady...

I found the image of the woman in the finished collage (the second image below) in a discarded frame at a thrift shop. It is a vintage print of  "Spring" by Currier and Ives, one of a series of the four seasons. It was badly water stained but I loved her beautiful gaze so that I brought her home. I know only a little bit about restoration, but I soaked her in a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. It took the staining almost completely away, and I created the background just below for her.

This background sheet is layers of handmade paper, napkins, wrapping tissue, and other found materials collaged into one sheet.


The finished collage includes upholstery fabric, antique laces, stamps, and tiny beads.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)