PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Saturday, June 29, 2013

TURNING DISASTER INTO FUN!

I never give up on my artwork, even when I ruin it!! I was altering this photo to go in a journal. I scratched out the background with the point of my craft knife to isolate the boy and girl from the background (this is a good way to bring figures in a low contrast photo to the "front".) I then hand tinted the figures and background by rubbing on stamp pad inks. Added the letters and the hearts. SO pleased. Except...maybe I needed to do ONE MORE THING to the little girl's face. LOL you know what is coming next------My knife slipped and sliced into the little girls face. I was stunned! It was ruined! (Fortunately I FREQUENTLY photograph my artwork in process so the photo below was taken just before I ruined it.)
 
I did recover from my shock (and some personal name calling) but I couldn't throw it away. It sat there for days as "What now?" percolated in the back of my brain.  AND THEN.... Take a look at the second image below and see how some antique clip art came to my rescue. :-)  So, my new motto is, "Once you ruin a piece of artwork your are now free to play...."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)