PAGES FOR THIS SITE

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fixing a painting....

Was so happy when I first finished the painting of the Cherub in the woods (from a photo I took taken in the woods near here) but it kept bothering me - it seemed somehow flat, or empty...  

When in doubt, as an artist, if I PUSH the dark values and PUSH the light values it alwalys helps. My husband pointed out that the original painting needed more "color." At first I didn't see what he meant but off I went and he was right!!  And I thought it need a focal point...something to tell a little story, so I put on my BRAVE ME water wings and added the little bird. Now I really like it. I learned a lot!




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for me. I have changed the comment form so that you do not have to sign in with any particular ID, and you can also remain anonymous. Hope to hear from you!!! :-)